Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hall Wins Local US Open Qualifer

Hall wins local U.S. Open qualifier
BY THE ENQUIRER

Former Winton Woods and Ohio State golfer Kevin Hall, who attended St. Rita School for the Deaf, was the medalist in the local U.S. Open qualifier at Maketewah Country Club Monday.
"I think the longest putt I made was 10 or 12 feet - I hit a lot of nice iron shots," Hall, who shot a 67, wrote in an e-mail to The Enquirer. "I just wanted to get the (18th) hole over with so I could go home and pass out. I was working on 25 straight days of playing golf (including tournaments on the Nationwide and Hooter's tours), and I had just traveled all night the day before from South Carolina and gotten to bed at 2:30 the morning of the qualifier. I felt good about how I played, but at the same time I just wanted to go home and sleep!"

Also among the locals advancing to the next qualifying round, which leads to a spot in the Open, were cousins Jim and Alex Volpenhein with 70s.

No comments: